Middle School Resources
For Parents, Teachers, and Librarians
Fiction books with guides
These titles will engage, entertain, and inform young readers. Discover discussion questions and activities in the links below!
- Bud, Not Buddy
- Clean Getaway
- Flying Lessons
- How I Became a Spy
- Just Under the Clouds
- Max and the Midknights
- Property of the Rebel Librarian
- The Dollmaker of Krakow
- The Hero Next Door
- The Losers Club
- The Penderwicks
- The Stars Beneath Our Feet
- Kelly Jones Author Study Guide
- Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer Coloring Sheets
In the Middle of It All
Read a little bit of everything. Read in the middle of it all. Books for the middle-grade reader who feels like everything is changing. Discover guides and resources for these literary middle-grade titles below.
Nonfiction books with guides
Explore our changing world, and think critically about our government with these nonfiction titles. Click the links for educators’ guides and activities.
Series for binge-reading
These series are the perfect way for students to pass the time. Click the links below for activities!
STEM books with guides
Spark an interest in STEM with these titles. Then share the activities in the links below for further exploration.
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
- Lemoncello Series Classroom Bulletin Board Kit
- Lemoncello Series Guide
- Hiaasen Poster and Activities
- Planet Earth is Blue
- Samantha Spinner and the Super-Secret Plans
- Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs
- Song for a Whale
- The Fourteenth Goldfish/The Third Mushroom
- The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl
- The Science of Breakable Things
- We’re Not from Here