High School Resources
For Parents, Teachers, and Librarians
Children’s Books by Black Voices to Read with Your Readers
- A Culturally Responsive Toolkit
- The Beautiful Struggle
- Becoming: Adapted for Young Readers
- Dear Martin Guide
- Dear Martin/Dear Justyce
- Discovering Wes Moore Guide
- Dreams from My Father (Adapted for Young Adults)
- It’s Trevor Noah: Born a Crime
- Just Mercy
- Odd One Out
- This Is My America Discussion Guide
Unexamined Narratives: Educators’ Brochure for Grades 7–12
This educators’ brochure highlights fiction and nonfiction titles that touch on topics forgotten, ignored, or deliberately suppressed—drawing attention to gaps and silences in dominant cultural reading. Integrate these titles into your social studies or English curricula for anti-bias reading.
Young Adult Creative Writing Guide
A creative writing guide for students and writers of all ages to use at home!
Young Adult Literature Circles Guide
Introduce a variety of genres and levels of difficulty to the classroom and encourage students to have meaningful conversations in book clubs with supplemental texts.
Young Adult Supplemental Texts Brochure
Pair these young adult novels with classics while students are reading at home.
- Again Again
- Alma Presses Play
- Another Day
- Candace Fleming Author Study Guide
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
- The Far Away Brothers
- Far Far Away
- Fatal Throne
- Fresh Ink
- Genuine Fraud
- Hope and Other Punch Lines
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter
- Karen M. McManus Creative Writing Tips
- The Miracle & Tragedy of the Dionne Quintuplets
- Small Favors
- Unbroken (The Young Adult Adaptation)
The Princeton Review
The Princeton Review has helped millions succeed on standardized tests, and also provides expert advice and instruction to help parents, teachers, students, and schools navigate the complexities of school admissions. The Princeton Review wants to keep you informed about learning, studying, and test-taking during covid-19. Visit their YouTube channel for regular video updates.
- Mental Health and Wellness Brochure
- Get Underlined: Explore this online hub for all things YA that includes a robust writing community.
- Pinterest: Visit our Pinterest page for more activities and book suggestions.