Elementary School Resources
For Parents, Teachers, and Librarians
Children’s Books by Black Voices to Read with Your Readers
- Becoming Vanessa Activities
- The Faith of Elijah Cummings Educators’ Guide
- I Have a Dream Educators’ Guide
- Just Like Me Activities
- Lillian’s Right to Vote Educators’ Guide
- Nana Akua Goes to School Activities
- The Oldest Student Activities
- That Is My Dream Activities
- What Is Given from the Heart Activities
Storytime Books and Activities
Click the resources below to discover storytime crafts to do at home!
Sylvan Learning is a tutoring provider with over 850 locations across North America. Their workbooks provide extra support and are great tools to continue building skills while students are away from the classroom! Discover all available workbooks.
Additional Storytime Books
Ready for a read-aloud? These engaging titles are a lot of fun, and a great jumping off point for further activities. We have some ideas in the guides below.
- All Are Welcome Activities
- All Are Welcome Photo Props
- Bad Dog Activities
- Brave as a Mouse Activities
- Can I Be Your Dog Activities
- The Creature of Habit Activities
- Crunch the Shy Dinosaur Activities
- Don’t Blink Activities
- Giraffe Problems Activities
- Go Sleep in Your Own Bed Mask
- Go Sleep in Your Own Bed Activities
- Grumpy Monkey Activities
- Grumpy Monkey Activities Sheet
- Grumpy Monkey Mask
- Hey Grandude! Grandparent Activities
- Hey Grandude! Postcard
- Hey Grandude! Activities
- A Hippy-Hoppy Toad Activities
- How to Babysit Grandparents Activities
- How to Surprise a Dad Activities
- I Found a Kitty! Card
- I Found a Kitty! Activities
- Jasper & Ollie Poster and Activities
- Jasper & Ollie Props
- Jasper & Ollie Activities
- The Berenstain Bears
- The Serious Goose Guide
- The Serious Goose Coloring and Activity Sheets
- Sesame Street Activities
- Sunny Day Activities
- Thomas and Friends Activities
- Uni the Unicorn Activities
- Vlad the Rad Poster and Activities
- Vlad the Rad Activities
- Vote for Our Future Brochure
- We’re All Wonders Educators’ Guide
- The World Needs More Purple People Activities
- Wordy Birdy Activities
Dr. Seuss is ready to teach us about everything from the animal kingdom, to art history, to environmentalism and the democratic process. Use fun, printable activities to learn with Dr. Seuss!
- Animals Activities
- Dr. Seuss’s Birthday Classroom Activity Guide 2021
- Dr. Seuss’s Horse Museum Educators’ Guide
- Dr. Seuss in the Classroom 2021 Brochure and Activities
- Character Education Activities
- Environment Activities
- Government Activities
- Green Eggs and Ham Activities
- The Lorax Earth Day Educators’ Guide 2020 with downloadable green classroom or library signage
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! Activities
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! 2021 classroom activities
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- The Sneetches and Other Stories
- Seussville: Visit for games and activities, and join the Dr. Seuss Word Challenge!
Escape This Book!
This new series is Choose Your Own Adventure meets I Survived meets doodling! In the Escape This Book! series, the reader is the star of history!
Exercise and Meditation
It’s important to keep active and moving while we are all stuck at home. Here are some great books to encourage movement, mindfulness, and activity!
The links below feature titles and activities that will stretch imagination muscles—in readers of any age.
Engage emerging readers with activities for these popular chapter books series!
- Chapter Books Activities and Crafts
- Harry Versus the First 100 Days of School Educators’ Guide
- History Smashers Educators’ Guide
- Laugh Yourself Silly with Junie B. Jones Activities
- Magic Tree House Website
- Magic Tree House Teacher Resources
- Magic Tree House Home Adventures
- Never Girls Activity Sheets
- Our Friend Hedgehog Educators’ Guide
How do you keep a routine and unwind at the end of the day? Bedtime books with a focus on night are a great way to do so. Then, use activities from our guides the next day!
Nonfiction Books and Resources
Use these printable activities and teaching guides, many of them common-core aligned, to inspire a love for excellent nonfiction. These are colorful stories about our world and the people who inhabit it, and amazingly, these stories are true.
- Grades K-3 Educators’ Guide
- Bold & Brave Activities
- Dear Malala: We Stand with You Educators’ Guide
- Eliza: The Story of Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton Activities
- Elvis Is King Activities
- Emmanuel’s Dream Activities
- Fiction and Nonfiction Pairings Activities
- I Have a Dream Activities
- Mornings with Monet Activities
- The Noisy Paint Box: The Colors and Sounds of Kandinsky’s Abstract Art Activities
- The Oldest Student Activities
- Paper Son Activities
- Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag
- Ten Magic Butterflies Activites
- Thurgood Activities
- Through the Window: Views of Marc Chagall’s Life and Art Activities
- Vincent Can’t Sleep Activities
- Vote for Our Future Activities
- The Water Lady Activities
- What’s Inside a Flower? Activities
Social Emotional Learning
Use the resources below to start dealing with feelings—what they are and how to manage them.
- Social Emotional Learning Picture Books Brochure
- Social Emotional Learning K-6 Brochure
- Big Feelings Activities
- Elmore Activities
- How to Be a Lion Activities
- The Invisible Boy Activities
- Mental Health and Wellness Brochure
- My First Day Activities
- Peaceful Like a Panda: 30 Mindfulness Moments for Playtime, Mealtime, Bedtime-or Anytime! Activities
Explore fiction and nonfiction books and activities that not only deliver background knowledge but also model the potential uses of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math education.
- 2020 STEAM Brochure
- Be a (Reading) Champion for Change STEAM Activities
- G Is for Googol Educators’ Guide
- The Girl Who Named Pluto Activities
- Goodnight, Numbers Activities
- The Magnificent Makers Series Educators’ Guide
- Mad Scientist Academy Educators’ Guide
- Margaret and the Moon Activities
- Misty the Cloud: A Very Stormy Day Activities
- The Times Machine! Activities
- Uma Wimple Charts Her House Educators’ Guide
- Velma Gratch and the Way Cool Butterfly Activities
Step Into Reading
Step Into Reading is a comprehensive leveled reader program designed to give every child a successful reading experience.
Looking for more ways to engage with great texts? Try out the links below to find read alouds, project ideas, and activities for the youngest readers.
- Brightly Storytime: Full-length picture books read aloud!
- Letter of the Week: Practice tracing and using letters with these reproducibles!
- Pinterest: Visit our Pinterest page for more activities and book suggestions!
- The Reading House: Share this tip sheet and activities cards with parents to help them raise readers with The Reading House—a brand-new learn-to-read program that inspires kids to read with confidence!