Elementary School Resources
For Parents, Teachers, and Librarians
Children’s Books by Black Voices to Read with Your Readers
Storytime Books and Activities
Click the resources below to discover storytime crafts to do at home! The activities can be completed with materials found around the house.
Sylvan Learning is a tutoring provider with over 850 locations across North America. Their workbooks provide extra support and are great tools to continue building skills while students are away from the classroom! Discover all available workbooks.
Additional Storytime Books
Ready for a read-aloud? These engaging titles are a lot of fun, and a great jumping off point for further activities. We have some ideas in the guides below.
- All Are Welcome Activities
- All Are Welcome Photo Props
- Bad Dog Storytime Activities
- Can I Be Your Dog
- Crunch the Shy Dinosaur Storytime Activities
- Don’t Blink Storytime Activities
- Giraffe Problems Storytime Activities
- Go Sleep in Your Own Bed Mask
- Go Sleep in Your Own Bed Storytime Activities
- Grumpy Monkey Storytime Activities
- Grumpy Monkey Activities Sheet
- Grumpy Monkey Mask
- Hey Grandude! Grandparent Activities
- Hey Grandude! Postcard
- Hey Grandude! Storytime Activities
- A Hippy-Hoppy Toad Storytime Activities
- How to Babysit Grandparents Storytime Activities
- How to Surprise a Dad Storytime Activities
- I Found a Kitty! Card
- I Found a Kitty! Storytime Activities
- Jasper & Ollie Poster and Activities
- Jasper & Ollie Props
- Jasper & Ollie Storytime Activities
- The Berenstain Bears
- The Serious Goose Guide
- The Serious Goose Coloring and Activity Sheets
- Sesame Street Activities
- Sunny Day
- Thomas and Friends Activities
- Uni the Unicorn Storytime Activities
- Vlad the Rad Poster and Activities
- Vlad the Rad Storytime Activities
- Vote for Our Future Storytime Brochure
- Wordy Birdy Storytime Activities
Dr. Seuss is ready to teach us about everything from the animal kingdom, to art history, to environmentalism and the democratic process. Use fun, printable activities to learn with Dr. Seuss!
- Dr. Seuss in the Classroom
- Dr. Seuss in the Classroom Learning Library
- Dr. Seuss’s Birthday Activity Brochure 2020
- Dr. Seuss’s Horse Museum
- Character Education
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Hark! A Shark!
- The Lorax Earth Day Educators’ Guide 2020 with downloadable green classroom or library signage
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! poster and activities
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! 2020 classroom activities
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Seussville: Visit for games and activities, and join the Dr. Seuss Word Challenge!
- The Sneetches and Other Stories
Escape This Book!
This new series is Choose Your Own Adventure meets I Survived meets doodling! In the Escape This Book! series, the reader is the star of history!
Exercise and Meditation
It’s important to keep active and moving while we are all stuck at home. Here are some great books to encourage movement, mindfulness, and activity!
The links below feature titles and activities that will stretch imagination muscles—in readers of any age.
Engage emerging readers with activities for these popular chapter books series!
How do you keep a routine and unwind at the end of the day? Bedtime books with a focus on night are a great way to do so. Then, use activities from our guides the next day!
Nonfiction Books and Resources
Use these printable activities and teaching guides, many of them common-core aligned, to inspire a love for excellent nonfiction. These are colorful stories about our world and the people who inhabit it, and amazingly, these stories are true.
- Grades K-3 Educator Guide
- Bold & Brave
- Dear Malala: We Stand with You
- Eliza: The Story of Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton
- Elvis Is King
- Emmanuel’s Dream
- I Have a Dream
- It’s Trevor Noah: Born a Crime
- The Noisy Paint Box: The Colors and Sounds of Kandinsky’s Abstract Art
- The Oldest Student
- Paper Son
- Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag
- Ten Magic Butterflies
- Through the Window: Views of Marc Chagall’s Life and Art
- Vincent Can’t Sleep
- Vote for Our Future Guide
Social Emotional Learning
Use the resources below to start dealing with feelings—what they are and how to manage them.
Explore fiction and nonfiction books and activities that not only deliver background knowledge but also model the potential uses of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math education.
Step Into Reading
Step Into Reading is a comprehensive leveled reader program designed to give every child a successful reading experience.
Looking for more ways to engage with great texts? Try out the links below to find read alouds, project ideas, and activities for the youngest readers.